Celebrate Pancake Lovers Day

Sept. 26th is Pancake Lovers’ Day. Pay a visit to these restaurants to celebrate it with a warm plate of fluffy goodness. Here are our picks.

via yelp.com

Clinton St. Baking Company

Clinton St. Baking Company is known for their absolutely divine, famous blueberry pancakes with warm maple butter. How does chef Neil Kleinberg get such beautifully fluffy pancakes? The secret is to separate the eggs and gently fold in the egg whites with the rest of the ingredients. Not a fan of blueberries? No problem. You can substitute them with bananas, walnuts or chocolate chunks.

4 Clinton St., (between East Houston & Stanton), New York, NY 10002

via yelp.com

Shopsins

Shopsins will totally catch you by surprise. Take a look at the diner’s extensive menu and you will not be disappointed with the abundance of pancake varieties. Selections include cinnamon raisin, matzoh brei, pumpkin, coconut sweet rice and pignoli. And that’s not all. The most unusual selection on the menu is their mac ‘n’ cheese pancake. Although it might not sound appetizing, you will be pleasantly surprised by the well-blended flavors of this peculiar pancake.

120 Essex St., New York, NY 10002

via yelp.com

Plein Sud

Plein Sud also serves heavenly buttermilk pancakes with blueberries. Although it may sound like an ordinary combination, the pancakes are accompanied by vanilla mascarpone and maple syrup. The combination is perfect. Vanilla mascarpone — almost like a decadent frosting — beautifully complements the buttery pancakes.

85 West Broadway, New York, NY 10007

via yelp.com

Pershing Square

Located right across from Grand Central Station, Pershing Square is constantly buzzing. Don’t be scared away by the wait — it is definitely worth your patience. The pancakes at Pershing Square are rich, fluffy and delicate, much like shortbread cookies. They will disappear from your plate before you know it. They serve traditional buttermilk pancakes with butter and pure maple syrup on the side. These light, spongy pancakes will keep you coming back for more. You can also add blueberries if you please.

90 E. 42nd St., New York, NY 10017

via yelp.com

Locanda Verde

If you thought that pancakes could not get any more elaborate, you are definitely in for a surprise. Walk into this tastefully designed restaurant and order their signature lemon ricotta pancakes, served with fresh blueberries and Meyer lemon curd. The flavors are delicate but rich, with the lemon flavor blending perfectly with the ricotta flavoring of the pancake.

The Greenwich Hotel, 377 Greenwich St., New York, NY 10013

Sanjana Kucheria is a staff writer. Email her at [email protected].