Desigual Fall/Winter 2014

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

• Luca Khouri for WSN

Click for more looks from Desigual F/W 2014.

Opening the runway with a booming heartbeat track, Spanish-based brand Desigual beamed with positivity in its Fall/Winter 2014 collection. Their theme, “Love in the City,” shone through bold yet effortless looks, highlighting 60s mod-dress cuts and pop-art prints.

Mixtures of polka dots and oversized floral prints colored multiple creations, appearing on a mini a-line dress in matte stretch satin, high-collared mini dresses, and a chiffon blouse styled with a fitted pencil skirt. The print of a large face, reminiscent of 60s model Twiggy’s, sustained the mod atmosphere on flowing silk blouses, an asymmetrical, maxi-wrap dress, and long-sleeved shift dresses.

Several coats featured a wrapped-waist style along with adventurous prints of houndstooth, golden baroque patterns, kaleidoscopic mandalas and even ombre alpaca fur with amber, scarlet and brown tones. The recurring ombre alpaca fur was contrastingly paired on multiple pieces with deep shades of grey and classic black.

Influenced by Mexican modernism, many of the pieces also reflected patchwork designs and rosette embellishments. Although the prints were loud and mostly oversized, they certainly did not overshadow the incredible detailing like the floral cut-outs along the sleeves of sporty bomber jackets or the sequin and lace appliques on several of the looks.

With numerous patterns and a modern approach to 60s-inspired cuts, Desigual showcased variety without straying from their instantly recognizable style. There was an undeniable energy in their looks, along with the simplicity of happiness which truly captures their inspiration of love. With fashion like theirs which holds such a fluttery, carefree spirit, Desigual radiates possibility and excitement even through the coldest seasons.

Hannah Treasure is deputy features editor. Email her at [email protected].