David Tlale Fall/Winter 2014

Click for more looks from David Tlale F/W 2014.

David Tlale’s Fall/Winter 2014 showcase at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, Elementary Metropolis, was nothing short of a success. This was his third appearance at the fashion event, and first solo showcase.

A flowing beige and gold silk chiffon cape dress with detachable embellished collar and belt caught the crowd’s attention as it cascaded through the weaving runway. The models floated their way around the crowd in creamy beiges, eye-catching navies, slick blacks, royal blue prints and pops of red featured in large clutches. Their strut was in time with a tribal beat that finished with an upbeat tempo when a black sheer flowy gown embellished with silk ribbon made its appearance.

A notable aspect of the show was the small eye-catching details on the looks, such as the vibrant tropical prints that lined the inside of several gowns and the standout black ribbon lace textures.  Featured at Tlale’s show, for the first time at Fashion week, was Project Runway-featured Italian designer Emily Mack Jamison, who presented her Emy Mack shoe collection with David Tlale. Each ready-to-wear heel delicately and expertly complimented Tlale’s looks.

Ready-to-Wear is the perfect way to describe this collection. Tlale created pieces that eliminated all the fuss and presented simple and elegant looks that could hold their own. Inspired by the First Lady, Tlale achieved a collection that the classic, woman of today could take from day to night.

Anetxy Barnes is a contributing writer. Email her at [email protected].