Yigal Azrouel Fall/Winter 2014

Click for more looks from Yigal Azrouel F/W 2014.

The Yigal Azrouel Fall 2014 show featured a stunning collection of both construction and material.  Every piece reflected a sense of architectural minimalism that truly shaped the underlying feel of the show as a whole, leaving viewers in a state of appreciation and awe.

Woven leather and cozy knits were featured consistently throughout Azrouel’s collection, creating depth and dimension over a range of varying articles.  Although at times quite unconventional, the assortment of material used contributed to the luxurious quality of the clothing.

Azrouel started the show with a mid-calf length wool coat with zipper detailing on the sleeves.  Paired with a pair of angular black leather boots, the contrasting feel of material was seen immediately.  As the show progressed, the color scheme darkened and more harsh material, such as black leather and lambskin was featured.  A military parka usually made of heavy cotton, for example, was instead composed of double faced leather- reintroducing this classic overcoat in a modern light.  However, the heavier look of these materials was juxtaposed by silk and delicate pleated skirts.

Yigal Azrouel ended the show with a series of floor length, caped sleeved dresses.  By delicately exposing the arms of his models beneath the layers of the sleeves, Azrouel highlighted a feeling of geometric femininity.  Elegance and minimalism tied this collection together, exposing the tasteful depth of Yigal Azrouel and his luxurious Fall 2014 collection.

Kate Marin is a staff writer. Email her at [email protected].