Naomi Spindel Fall/Winter 2014

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

• Lucy Beni for WSN

Connor Norton, Contributing Writer

Click on image for more looks from Naomi Spindel F/W 2014

Naomi Spindel’s Fall/Winter 2014 Collection was far from traditional.  Spindel brought a new level of innovation and creativity to the structure of her presentation by disregarding the traditional runway show and allowing the models to mingle with the crowd, sharing drinks and laughs with all who attended.  In the background of the venue an enchanting video presentation set over a lush green canyon accompanied the collection.

The video,directed by Lily X Wahrman, showed the models interacting with the natural elements while adorned in Spindel’s simply elegant collection. One scene in particular proved impactful: four of the models stood on a high peak with the dense canyon in the background holding a handful of sand.  The models slowly let the sand slip from the grasp of their hands and into the wind.  The video harmonized with the theme of natural beauty seen in Spindel’s past collections.

The look of the night was a low cut floor length gown made of a floral, sheer, royal blue material.  Accenting the regal dress was two high slits on either side showing off a strappy black platform heel.  The collection altogether contained seven looks all incorporating a floral sheer fabric of dark tints such as a deep royal blue.

Ultimately, Spindel presented a collection, accompanied by the video presentation rolling in the background, marked by simple, natural elegance in an innovative and social environment.

Connor Norton is a contributing writer. Email him at [email protected]