Multi-use products help to simplify morning makeup routine

via aquaphorhealing.com

When it comes to getting ready in the morning, having a quick and efficient beauty routine can save time and help you out the door quickly. Start your day effectively by trying some of these affordable, multipurpose beauty products.

e. l. f. Shimmering Facial Whip ($1)

This soft, iridescent highlighter can be used on your cheeks, as well as your eyes and lips. Dab the whip onto your cheekbones to add a subtle glow to your face, onto your eyelids for a foolproof eyeshadow or onto your lips for a pink shine. At just one dollar, this multifunctional product’s price cannot be beat.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure ($7.50)

Painting your nails is generally not a quick task. However, you can speed up the process by using this nail polish, which offers the benefits of basecoat, color, topcoat, growth treatment and strengthener in one easy step. The Complete Salon Manicure line comes in a large variety of colors and lasts longer than ordinary polish alone.

CoverGirl Invisible Concealer ($6)

Concealer is great for hiding under-eye circles and blemishes, but it can also double as a primer for eyeshadow. Apply concealer evenly to your entire eyelid before applying shadow to ensure your makeup lasts all day. CoverGirl’s lightweight formula is a classic that covers without caking.

Aquaphor Healing Skin Ointment ($6.30)

This moisturizing ointment can be used to treat dry, cracked skin on your heels and elbows, as well as to help heal severely chapped lips. You can also apply it on top of your lipstick as a high shine gloss. Be sure to use sparingly, as this product can become greasy if overused.

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil ($8)

Apply a few drops of this powerful product to your hair before using heat styling tools in order to protect it from damage, all while taming frizz and adding shine. Organix is a great alternative to expensive salon brands that can cost more than three times as much.

Turbie Twist Hair Towel ($10 for set of two)

Wrap your hair in this absorbent microfiber towel as you apply your makeup. This technique will help your hair dry faster and save you from blow-drying. Using a microfiber towel rather than a traditional cotton towel on your hair also helps eliminate static and frizziness.

Rimmel Glam Shadow Quad ($6)

These eyeshadow palettes offer four coordinated shadows that are designed to be all you need to create a complete look without having to pick out colors on your own. To get even more out of this product, try wetting an angled eyeshadow brush and using the darkest shadow as eyeliner.

Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer ($5)

Combining color, shimmer and moisture in one, this product is great when you want to add a pop of color without having to spend the time carefully applying an opaque lipstick. Each color is soft enough for daytime wear and has the added benefit of nourishing vitamin E and coconut oil.

A version of this article appeared in the Wednesday, Feb. 26 print edition. Rebecca Riddle is a contributing writer. Email her at [email protected].