Put Girl Scout cookies to good use in parfait
March 4, 2014
Once a year Girl Scout troops across America sell coveted boxes of Girl Scout cookies. If you are a die-hard cookie lover, you do not just buy a box or two — you stock up. In celebration of Girl Scout cookie season, and for anyone who needs to use an extra box or 10 of cookies, here is a deliciously easy recipe for all your extra Trefoils. This recipe for a cheesecake and Trefoil parfait requires only a few easy-to-purchase ingredients. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and serves eight. If you need to buy a box of Trefoils or any of your other favorite Girl Scout cookies, use the Girl Scout website’s cookie finder to find the nearest Girl Scout troop selling cookies near you.
1 box of Trefoils Girl Scout Cookies
1 box of instant cheesecake pudding mix (the Jell-O brand is a great, affordable option)
12 oz. of softened or whipped cream cheese
1 pint of strawberries, sliced
1. Break apart and crush about half a box of Trefoil cookies.
2. Mix cream cheese and cheesecake pudding until it turns into smooth consistency. (Add about 1/2 to 1 cup of milk if needed with your instant cheesecake pudding mix.)
3. Layer the mixed cheesecake pudding and crushed trefoils into a cup and repeat layering until about 3/4 of the cup is filled.
4. Top the pudding with strawberries (or a mixture of your favorite berries) and two regular Trefoil cookies.
5. Finish with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, March 4 print edition. Helen Owolabi is a staff writer. Email her at email@example.com.