Lela Rose Spring/Summer 2015

Katherine Shi, Contributing Writer

Inspired by the fabrics, patterns and textures reminiscent of the transcending Japanese garment, Lela Rose’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection constructed a perfect symphony of romanticism and vintage Kimono.

Along with a selection of lively music, the designer opened the show with a floral embroidered water-print mesh top paired with an exaggerated polka dotted full organza skirt.

Unlike the collections of past seasons, Rose took a bold move on the structure of the dresses. Drawing from the theme of vintage Kimono, the garments exhibited modern twists with wrapped bodice cut-outs, structured folding and voluminous back panels.

Throughout the collection, the designer remained true to her classic romanticism. Woven in her favorite textures of chiffon and silk, garments developed a newly modernized sensibility when joined by tiled guipure lace and signature Japanese graphics.

The accessories, while subtle, added an extra ounce of glamour to every look. Makeup was uniformly clean and refreshing when paired with sleek pony tails. Golden ankle-strap Manolo Blahniks also served as a polished cherry on top.

The standout outfit of the collection was a metallic brush stroke beaded tulle gown that brightened the show with its intricate, three-dimensional detailing.

This season, Lela Rose conjured her signature romanticism and elegance only to mix it with the raw edge of ultra-modernity.

Email Katherine Shi at [email protected].