Top 9 Scariest Movies

Top 9 Scariest Movies

Every year, many people stay in on Halloween to watch scary movies with their loved ones. “The Exorcist,” “Halloween” and “Friday the 13th” are classics, but those are old news. Those movies rarely scare anyone anymore. For those looking for new experiences, here are 9 movies that are so scary that viewers will have to sleep with the lights on.

“27 Dresses”

There’s nothing more horrifying than watching Katherine Heigl be a bridesmaid for the 28th time. The first time was terrible enough. Even worse, the film’s protagonist wears a pink and orange dress that is visually offensive to everyone.

“Titanic”

We promise that you’re not the only one who was scared halfway to death when Kate Winslet promises never to let go, but then she does.

“Antz”

We know what you’re going to say — “Antz” is a family movie. But those ants, man. What’s with the shape of their faces?

“Crossroads”

The scariest part of this Britney Spears road trip movie, which is about three friends who go soul-searching, is that Shonda Rhimes wrote it. Yes, the woman who writes “Scandal” wrote “Crossroads.”

“Glitter”

Mariah Carey gives a terrifying performance in this movie about the club scene in the ’80s. Equally terrifying is how badly this one bombed at the box office.

“The Hot Chick”

It goes without saying that Rachel McAdams was scary, even before she played Regina George in “Mean Girls,” but when she switches bodies with Rob Schneider, this film hits another level. This one will leave you saying, “Wow, I’m genuinely scared by Rob Schneider as a woman.”

“Rugrats in Paris”

The second “Rugrats” movie will leave viewers shaking in suspense as they watch Angelica terrorize Tommy Pickles in the City of Lights. This one isn’t for the faint of heart.

“High School Musical 2”

Less scary than its predecessor, though more tense than its successor, “High School Musical 2” is a modern horror classic, mostly because Zac Efron’s hair manages to stay poofy as he sings and runs through sprinklers.

“Just Like Heaven”

This one may have a heart of gold, but the thought of Mark Ruffalo falling in love with a ghost version of Reese Witherspoon scares us, because it’s weird when humans fall in love with ghosts.

This story is part of our fictitious coverage in celebration of Halloween 2014. All people and events in the story are fictional.