Kanbar returns with first screening

Alexa Spieler, Arts Editor

The Kanbar Event Series is set to host a screening of “Little Accidents” on Thursday, Jan. 29 at 7 p.m. NYU alumna Sara Colangelo wrote and directed the film, which stars Elizabeth Banks and Josh Colangelo.

A question-and-answer session, moderated by Michael Burke with Andrew MacLean and Sara Colangelo will take place after the film. “Little Accidents” takes place in a small American town, shortly following a coal mine accident. A mysterious disappearance brings together disparate characters to try and unravel the town’s secrets.

“Little Accidents” marks the Kanbar Event Series’ first screening for the spring semester. Following the screening of Colangelo’s film, the Kanbar Event Series host Sight & Sound Spring 2015 on Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. The Undergraduate Department of Film & Television hosts the Sight & Sound showcase, screening faculty-nominated films from the Tisch School of the Arts’ Sight and Sound classes.

The Kanbar Event Series hosts screenings at 6 p.m. on Mondays in Theater 006 in 721 Broadway, and Thursdays, and Fridays at the Cantor Film Center’s Theater 200 at 36 E. Eighth St.

A version of this article appeared in the Thursday, Jan. 29 print edition. Email Alexa Spieler at [email protected].