Rubin and Chapelle Fall/Winter 2015

Chevaz Clarke, Contributing Writer

Rubin & Chapelle Fall/Winter 2015 collection takes a slight turn from what we are used to from these two designers. Known for their seamless designs, their latest collection is quite the contrary, embracing its Scottish theme through the use of tartan, pleats and fringes. The rooftop of The Standard Hotel provided the perfect backdrop for the contemporary and sophisticated shop. And of course the presentation made full use of the view.

Designers Sonja Rubin and Kip Chapelle teamed with fellow designer Johanna Michel to develop the understated Scottish theme in the material prints, which were based on traditional motifs of the country.The sounds of bagpipes welcomed the models into the show, hinting at the Scottish undertone.

The collection had an air of sophistication consisting of full skirts, lounge coats and silk jumpsuits in earth tones. The pieces were complemented with Sperry rain boots and metallic sneakers. I spoke with, Daniel Maloney, spokesman for the brand, who described this Fall/Winter 2015 collection as “modern and simplistic.”

This theme carried over to the hair and make-up. The latter going for the natural look, whilst all of the models donned an elegant, slicked back, low ponytail. According to Daniel, trends to look out for this season are “softer shades and oversized tees” which he describes as “the modern take on tailoring.”

Email Chevaz Clarke [email protected]