Ovadia and Sons Fall/Winter 2015

Gabriella Bower, Violet Vision Editor

IMG_5896Gabriella Bower

Some of New York’s best dressed men were in attendance at Ovadia and Sons Fall/Winter 2015 show. The cold, industrial venue of Pier 59 Studios was the perfect backdrop to the warm and cozy ensembles the models wore from this collection. And although the ensembles were warm, the colors were not. Navy, black, grey, and white hues dominated the collection with only a handful of looks in a bold red color.

The collection mixed the styles of a downtown hipster with uptown class. Suits of classic shapes had solid and crisp colors while others were head-to-toe in prints of herringbone and checkered plaid. One suit that particularly stood out was a red and black mini checkered suit that was paired with simple black loafers.

The shoes would definitely have stolen the show if the runway was elevated. With so many rows of attendees, it was hard to notice the stylin soles of the models. However, if looked at closely, they would have seen an amazing pair of loafers adorned with cheetah print or the shiny patent leather black boots.

The ensemble that stole the show was strategically placed in the middle of the model lineup. A Canadian tuxedo – also known as a denim tuxedo – looked sleek and the polar opposite of a farmer. Both the jeans and the jacket were a severe dark wash and the denim jacket had a white shearling collar.

Other looks consisted of fitted blazers, skinny trousers, cozy knits over cotton shirts, several plaid pieces, and some graphic sweatshirts. Turtlenecks and jackets lined with fur accents were also seen throughout the collection.

This ready-to-wear line will definitely be seen everywhere this upcoming fall. With the perfect combination of downtown cool and uptown class, every man will be able to find several staples as well as statement pieces for his wardrobe.