Vivienne Hu Fall/Winter 2015

Divya Jethwani, Contrbuting Writer

From the opening look, the Vivienne Hu Fall/Winter 2015 collection awed the audience with its sophisticated yet edgy looks, composed from a primarily minimalist palette including tones of nude, Prussian blue and radiant red. Pieces also included geometric patterns, cutouts, collar pipings, lamb fur, tulle, suede, leather and quilted fabric to maintain contemporary fashion trends.

Hu’s collection, evidently inspired by her business background, was a perfect mélange of formal office wear and striking eveningwear. As the models strutted in a perfectly choreographed manner, the busy runway looked like a scene right off of Wall Street. The archetype boss and alpha female emanated from the looks. It seems as though Hu’s collection was designed to dress bold and charming women, empowering them to embrace their individuality at the workspace. This collection was created for a girl in total control, like Hu herself, and the style perfectly matches that of a strong New Yorker.

A beautifully crafted A-line red midi dress enhanced with laser-cut embroidery undoubtedly stole the show and added a pop of color to the collection. Lined with tulle to maintain shape, this piece was also paired with glittery pumps to create the perfect ensemble for a classy night out.

Another standout was a monochromatic sleeveless vest that draped at the knee. This patterned beauty paired with blue and orange fur demonstrated a classic yet edgy ensemble.

Spotted in the audience were Miss USA Nia Sanchez, Miss Universe Paulina Vega and Miss Teen USA K. Lee Graham.

Email Divya Jethwani at [email protected]