Crime Log: Sept. 28-Oct. 4

Lexi Faunce, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received reports of 18 incidents of larceny, two incidents of burglary and one incident of controlled substance possession between Sept. 28 and Oct. 4.

Larceny

At 10:50 a.m. on Sept. 28, a student reported she had left her headphones unattended in a computer lab at 20 Cooper Square on Sept. 27. They were missing an hour and half later when she returned. NYPD was not notified.

At 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 28, a non-NYU affiliated individual reported that she left her bicycle secured to a New York City bike rack on Washington Place at 9:50 a.m. When she returned that afternoon, she discovered her bicycle was missing. A police report was filed.

At 1:33 p.m. on Sept. 28, a student stated that he left three USB devices on top of a computer in Bobst Library on Sept. 22 at 6:30 p.m. The devices were missing 15 minutes later. The student did not file a police report.

At 5:40 p.m. on Sept 28, a student stated that he left his bicycle secured to a New York City bike rack on Waverly Place at 9:00 a.m. and discovered it missing when he returned at 5:35 p.m. Police notification was declined.

At 12:50 p.m. on Sept. 29, a student reported that he left his scooter secured to a New York City bike rack on Waverly place at 9:30 a.m. and discovered it missing when he returned for it at 12:45 p.m. Police were not notified.

At 6:50 p.m. on Sept. 29, a student stated that he left his bicycle secured to a New York City bike rack on Washington Place at 1:50 p.m. and discovered it missing at 6:30 p.m. NYPD was notified.

At 5:25 p.m. on Sept. 30, a student stated that he left his bag containing an iPad in an unsecured locker on the 5th floor of the Henry Kaufman Management Center on Sept. 28. It was missing when he returned for it on Sept. 29. Police notification was declined. 

Burglary

At 2:45 p.m. on Sept. 29, an NYU staff member reported that she left a box containing a new laptop on her desk on Sept. 19 and discovered it missing when she returned on Sept. 24. A police report was filed.

A version of this article appeared in the Oct. 5 print edition. Email  Lexi Faunce at [email protected].