This Weekend: Three Ways to Enjoy the Warmer Weather

via wikipedia.org

Keep warm this weekend with NYC’s Hot Chocolate Festival.

Eva Luong, Contributing Writer

If the cold kept you huddled in your room last weekend, get excited. We’ve rounded up a few of the best events going on this weekend to help you get out and enjoy the (relatively) warmer weather.

“Cinderella” at New York City Center

If you’re a fan of the arts, you will be charmed by Les Ballets de Monte Carlo’s “Cinderella.” The show explores the untold story of Cinderella’s mother, who returns from the dead in the form of a fairy godmother. Choreographed by Jean-Christophe Maillot to the music of Prokfiev, “Cinderella” is an unforgettable chance to see over 50 dancers perform a new, dark twist to a classic fairytale. The performance will only runs from Feb. 18-20 with tickets being sold online starting at $50. You can buy your tickets on the New York City Center website.

Sample Sale at Calypso St. Barth

For those who enjoy thrift shopping and finding those special steals, you are in luck. The Calypso St. Barth’s sample sale is back with sales offering 70 percent off original prices.  Calypso is perfect for finding a variety of clothes with everything from sweaters to sparkly cocktail dresses. Most of the shoppers are especially obsessed with the sweater rack, which has been known to hold 100 percent cashmere sweaters at low prices. Bargain hunters should head straight to the back near the dressing rooms, where the $19 rack dwells. There you’ll find tanks, blouses, long sweaters and a handful of cashmere cardigans. With sizes ranging from extra small to extra large, Calypso is the perfect place to begin shopping for your spring wardrobe. But you better hurry, since this sale will only last from Feb. 18-23 at the store’s boutique at 191 Lafayette St.

Hot Chocolate Festival at City Bakery

If you are swamped with schoolwork and only have an hour to kill, try going to the Hot Chocolate Festival at City Bakery. At this bakery, owner and mastermind Maury Rubin will be serving a new flavor of hot chocolate everyday for the month of February. This weekend, Rubin will be serving: Peruvian Milk Chocolate Hot Chocolate (Feb. 18), Beer Hot Chocolate (Feb. 19), Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (Feb. 20) and Sunken Treasure Hot Chocolate (Feb. 21).  If you can’t make it to the bakery everyday for a cup of their specialty hot chocolate with their homemade marshmallows, then try going on Sunday for the Sunken Treasure Hot Chocolate. Voted their number one specialty at last year’s festival, the Sunken Treasure Hot Chocolate is an indulgent cup with submerged caramel coins and chocolate truffles. You visit the bakery at 3 W. 18th St. or check out the rest of the month’s hot chocolate flavors on their website.

Email Eva Luong at [email protected].