While You Were Here

May 5, 2016

Well, you’ve made it.

Certainly, there were probably moments when you thought you wouldn’t; maybe there were even weeks where you felt this way. Maybe when you walked through Washington Square Park for the first time, you knew exactly what you wanted to do with your life. Maybe you didn’t. Maybe you still don’t — and that’s okay!

You’ve conquered even the most daunting of classes. You’ve made friends, and probably lost a few along the way. You’ve gotten lost in the blocks of New York City and found yourself among the bright lights. And my, how you’ve grown.

We have crafted this special issue in hopes that it will serve as a reminder of everything — good and bad — that has happened in your time here at NYU. Believe it or not, you’ve changed a lot in the last few years. And each moment, big or small, has made you into who you are today.

You may not think you’re ready for the real world, but trust me, you are. The world has so much to offer you, and you have so much to offer it.

So before you get too wrapped up in feeling like you have to have it all figured out, we hope you take a few moments to take a look back at on your time at NYU and everything that happened while you were here.

Scroll through the timeline to see highlights from your time here at NYU, then click on the color blocks below to hear what some seniors had to say now that their time here is coming to an end.

photo essay

Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 12.41.35 AM
nicoledana
larsonemily