Noon by Noor S/S 2017

Kat Vlasova, Contributing Writer

The Noon by Noor Spring/Summer 2017 collection was a statement of flirtatious femininity that radiated elegance and edge. It’s no wonder why Alexa Chung was in attendance. Using an assortment of lightweight fabrics in various shades of whites and pinks, the airy tulle and intricate beaded embellishments give the clothing a daydream quality.

It is evident the designers drew inspiration from their travels in Bahrain as well as the New York City urban landscape because each look seamlessly combines dainty floral visuals with sharp cuts and sleek fabric.

The standout pieces in this collection are the looks designed to mimic sleepwear, such as the slip dress as well as the crepe de chine bralette and shorts set. The silky texture of the fabric is very pleasing to the touch and to the eye, while the loose fit makes it comfortable to wear at any time of day during the warm spring weather.
The majority of the collection could be described as girly, however the black dresses and jumpsuits that closed the show made for a bold closing statement. These simple black looks intergrated black mesh fabric which give the clothing a dramatic, slightly punk aesthetic. Overall the Noon by Noor Spring/Summer 2017 collection is progressive, modern and chic.

Email KatVlasova at [email protected].