TOME S/S 2017

Gabriella Bower, Beauty and Style Editor

TOME spring/summer 2017 was a celebration of women; women of every age, every shape, every size, every ethnicity. Moreover, this season’s prints were made by women’s collective in India with Piece & Co, a company whose mission is “to provide the fashion industry with beautiful hand-crafted fabric ethically made by female artisans.” As finalists in the CFDA + Lexus Fashion Initiative, it is evident TOME is making strides in creating a more sustainable future for their brand as well as the industry as a whole.

The show opened to an upbeat drum rhythm and models emerged in black and white structured ensembles. Ruffles, deep v-necks, art deco prints and cinched waists dominated the runway complementing each models uniquely beautiful features.

As the show went on, grey and black plaid was interwoven throughout the collection as was red and emerald for accent coloring. Straw hats were strategically placed with some ensembles however its cohesiveness with the rest of the collection is questionable. Nonetheless the beachy toppers added an element of fun that complemented the empowering runway playlist.

One standout aspect of the show was the representation of diverse models. Not only did the models vary in ethnicities but TOME casted plus sized and older models truly displaying they are a womenswear brand for every woman. A standout look was a creme lace floor length gown that had a fitted bodice and deep v-neckline.

Once again TOME presented a collection displaying their innovative and superior skill in the art of dressing women.

Email Gabriella Bower at [email protected].