Crime Log: Sept. 18-22

Abraham Gross, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received four reports of larceny, two reports of criminal mischief, two reports of harassment, one report of forcible fondling and one report of domestic violence between Sept. 18 and 22.

Larceny

On Sept. 18 at 8:30 p.m., a student reported that at 6 p.m he secured his bicycle to a street sign on 18 Washington Pl. and found his bike missing when he returned at 8:20 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On Sept. 19 at 1:14 p.m., a student reported that his laptop went missing from a conference room in Tisch Hall.

On Sept. 19 at 7:15 p.m., a faculty member reported that at 6:28 p.m. she left her wallet on a bathroom counter in Lipton Hall and discovered her identification was missing when she returned to retrieve it at 7:02 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On Sept. 20 at 11:05 a.m., a student reported that at 9:05 a.m. she secured her bike to the Tisch Hall bike rack and found it missing when she returned at 10:45 a.m. A police report was filed.

Criminal Mischief

On Sept. 22 at 11:50 a.m., a staff member reported damage to a locked storage closet in the Puck building.

On Sept. 22 at 3:15 p.m., a staff member reported intentional damage to a dorm room dresser in Weinstein Hall. The incident has been referred to the Office of Community Standards.

Harassment

On Sept. 19 at 9 a.m., a student reported verbal harassment from two NYU students at Palladium Athletic Facility.

On Sept. 19 at 8:50 p.m., a student reported receiving harassing text messages from another NYU student while in Goddard Hall.

Forcible Fondling

On Sept. 22, a student reported that on July 4 at 11:30 p.m. she was sexually assaulted in a Palladium dorm room. A Title IX investigation is pending.

Domestic Violence

On Sept. 21 at 11:30 a.m., a student reported being assaulted by his ex-girlfriend in front of 14 Washington Pl. NYPD responded to the incident and a police report was filed.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Sept. 26 print edition. Email Abraham Gross at [email protected].