Crime Log: Oct. 1-5

Abraham Gross, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received five reports of larceny, two reports of controlled substance, two reports of dating violence, two reports of stalking, one report of burglary, one report of robbery, one report of simple assault and one report of rape between Oct. 1 and 5.

Larceny

On Oct. 2 at 11:48 p.m., a student reported that medication was missing from his 7th Street residence. Police notification was declined.

On Oct. 3 at 5:50 p.m., a student reported that at 5:15 p.m. she placed her backpack on the floor next to her seat in Riese Lounge of 721 Broadway and at 5:47 p.m. discovered that her backpack was missing. A police report was filed.

On Oct. 3 at 10:30 a.m., a student reported that at 10 a.m. she discovered that her phone charger was missing from her cubicle in the Basic Science Building.

On Oct. 4 at 10:40 a.m., a faculty member reported that 6:50 p.m. she discovered that her backpack was missing from her office in 721 Broadway. A police report was filed.

On Oct. 4 at 3:40 p.m., a student reported that at 3:30 p.m. she discovered that her wallet was missing from the counter of the 6 Metro North Starbucks, where she placed it temporarily to get sugar.

Controlled Substance

On Oct. 1 at 7:40 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance in Lipton Hall and recovered a small amount of marijuana from a residence.

On Oct. 3 at 10:13 p.m., Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance in Third Avenue North and recovered a small amount
of marijuana.

Dating Violence

On Oct. 3 at 10:37 a.m., a student reported that she observed a resident physically assault another resident during an argument in the hallway of Lipton Hall. NYPD notification was declined.

On Oct. 4 at 2:30 p.m., a student reported that she was physically assaulted in the park by a non-NYU male during a date. Police notification was declined.

Stalking

On Oct. 1 at 9:12 p.m., a student reported that he was stalked by a non-NYU male in Third Avenue North. The NYPD was notified.

Burglary

On Oct. 1 at 10:00 a.m., a student reported that her Apple watch and Beats headphones were missing from her dorm room in Third Avenue North. Police notification was declined.

Robbery

On Oct. 5 at 6:20 p.m., a Public Safety Officer observed an unknown male remove cash from another male’s open wallet while standing in front of the Gray Art Gallery. Police notification was declined.

Simple Assault

On Oct. 2 at 12:10 a.m., a student reported that his guest, an NYU student, was assaulted by his roommate in their University Hall residence.

Rape

On Oct. 1 at 5:12 a.m., a student reported that she was sexually assaulted by a non-NYU student in her Third Avenue North residence. A police report was filed.

A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, Oct. 11 print edition. Email Abraham Gross at [email protected].