Stuyvesant Town

Natasha Roy, News Editor

Residency: Graduate
Low-cost rooms available: No
Commute to class: 20 minute walk to WSP, 15 minute subway ride to Tandon
Nearby subways: A, C, F, L, R, 4
Shuttle: Yes

Graduate students awarded the Graduate School of Arts and Science McCracken scholarship will enjoy living in an apartment in Stuyvesant Town. With laundry facilities inside the building and plenty of restaurants and bars in the area, students can find most of their necessities nearby.

Home to about 250 students, this residence hall is relatively smaller than other halls. Each resident has access to a kitchen and their own private room within a suite and each room also includes a refrigerator and microwave. The hall is also eco-friendly with recycling in the building. The neighboring farmers market also provides a composting option.

Although residents in Stuyvesant Town are not provided with cable, internet or telephone services. However, there are cafes where students can concentrate on work.

Stuyvesant Town has a quiet vibe compared to the Washington Square Park and Union Square areas, with families and dogs flooding the parks and playgrounds nearby. It is located by the East River, so residents can easily go for a run or ride their bikes along the river on nice days.

Though the surrounding area is family-oriented, plenty of other NYU students live nearby, so residents can conveniently easily meet up with their peers. Stuyvesant Town is the college campus NYU students never had.

Read the rest of the housing issue here.