Crime Log: March 1 to March 12

Coco Wang, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received eight reports of larceny, one report of burglary, two reports of controlled substances, one report of harassment and one report of assault between March 1 and March 12.

Larceny

On March 1 at 9:05 p.m. a student reported that their jacket was missing from a locker at 404 Fitness Center. Police notification was declined.

On March 6 at 12:04 p.m. Public Safety apprehended a student attempting to remove textbooks from the NYU Bookstore without paying for them. The items were returned.

On March 7 at 8:15 p.m. a student reported that their laptop and bag were missing from Warren Weaver Hall. A police report was filed.

On March 9 at 1:05 p.m. a student reported that cash and their NYU ID were missing from their bag inside a locker room at the Dental Center. Police notification was declined.

On March 9 at 9:45 p.m. a student reported that their clothing was missing from University Hall’s laundry room. Police notification was declined.

On March 10 at 3:03 p.m. a professor reported that their cell phone was missing from a cubicle at the Dental Center. Police notification was declined.

On March 11 at 3:05 p.m. a student reported that his backpack and laptop were missing from the 12th floor library at Warren Weaver Hall. A police report was filed.

On March 12 at 9:30 p.m. a student reported being the victim of an online scam in Gramercy Green. A police report was filed.

Burglary

On March 4 at 7:54 p.m. a student reported that cash was missing from the desk drawer in her bedroom in Founders Hall. A police report was filed.

Controlled Substance

On March 5 at 3:09 a.m. Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance in Rubin Hall and confiscated a small amount of marijuana. The incident was referred to the Office of the Student Conduct and Community Standards.

On March 7 at 10:13 p.m. Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance in University Hall and confiscated a small amount of marijuana.The incident was referred to Community Standards.

Harassment

On March 6 at 6:31 p.m. Public Safety received a report of a harassment in front of 19 University Place. A police report was filed.

Assault

On March 9 at 5 p.m. a student reported being assaulted by another student in their room in Lafayette Residence Hall. Police notification was declined.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, March 20 print edition. Email Coco Wang at [email protected]