Lyn Devon Fall/Winter 2013

via tumblr.com

Lyn Devon’s persona was transformed at the presentation of her autumn/winter 2013 collection, which hit every note in the upstate New York image.

The collection was infused with a vibrant play of textures and color, with a color palette consisting of deep, woodsy and vibrant hues. Themes of wild flower print radiated from the collection, and a signature paper bag cinched waistline was characteristic of almost every article of clothing.

The essence of the Devon look seemed molded by binding your mother’s vintage broach with your husband’s new suit or chunky knitted sweater.  The husband’s suit added a touch of refinement to the classic appearance of the old trinkets, and the wild floral print sparked a light of femininity to the male embellished pieces.

Devon, her described her collection as “upsate,” crafted a collection that offers a woman the ability to deconstruct pieces and take items like the trapeze cut dress or a tapered pant and implement them into her wardrobe. The designer’s favorite pieces included a signature flower bustier top and paper bag waistline pant.

When asked to describe the collection in one word, Lyn simply said “Upstate.” But the downtown girl can also rock the line by pairing a bustier top from the collection with a chunky leather studded belt and a vibrant lengthy necklace.

Devon stayed true to her vision, embodying  true artist can get their vision across with any medium.

Jessica Delph is a contributing writer. Email her at [email protected].