Boy Meets Girl Spring/Summer 2014

Click for more looks from Boy Meets Girl Spring/Summer 2014.

There is no better way to end New York Fashion Week than with a dance party, and that’s exactly what Boy Meets Girl designer Stacy Igel did with her Just Dance video game collaboration line. Guests were not only presented with a fun and hip collection for teens, but were also thrown into the world of Just Dance, with a preview of the game upon entrance.

Igel and her team worked with the Just Dance video game avatars as inspiration, as stated in her introduction video, and the avatars came alive during her show. The show started with a performance by up and coming artist, Austin Mahone, performing his hit “What About Love,” which got the crowd dancing in their seats before the show even started. Mahone, deemed the “new Justin Beiber,” was just one of many celebrities sitting front row at the show.

This collection, perfect for teenage girls, strayed away from the traditional runway walk, and had models dancing down the runway in everything from feather headpieces to sequin skirts. Some featured looks of the Spring 2014 season included rebellious leather pieces, bright neon party dresses, pleated work outfits, and everyday street wear, making variety a defining feature of the collection.

The atmosphere of the room was high-energy, with the crowd going wild as Brittany Snow stepped out in a perforated leather jacket and fun, printed romper. Snow’s petite size made her the ideal candidate to showcase this fun and loud collection. The ending outfit featured a skirt that resembled the Just Dance game’s cover design, making the commercial partnership extremely evident.

The show ended with the models strutting down the runway with pompoms in their hands, beating to the upbeat sound of the music. If purpose of Just Dance is to encourage everyone to get up and have fun,  Igel’s lively collection is a surefire attempt to represent that.

Cindy Pan is a contributing writer. Email her at [email protected].