Jorge Arteaga Fall/Winter 2014

Click for more looks from Jorge Arteaga F/W 2014.

When the hit ‘80s pop song, “Into the Night” by Benny Mardones, started to play in the background, expectations from Jorge Arteaga’s 2014 Fall/Winter collection were mixed. But as the models started to appear in their ‘70s and ‘80s inspired looks, the choice in song made absolute sense.

Arteaga skillfully channeled quintessential ‘70s, ‘80s and old-school-Hollywood styles, without looking overdone or over the top. His main source of inspiration and overall muse for the collection was famous ‘70s model, Marisa Berenson. The gorgeous Berenson embodied Hollywood glam and sexiness in the ‘70s, and Arteaga sought to achieve that same glamour and sex appeal in his latest collection. With themes of lace and gold detailing in many of his pieces and the consistent use of gorgeous-fur accessories, each model looked effortlessly chic and sexy.

As Arteaga himself said, “Even if it’s winter, I like to put [on] something feminine and sexy.”

And although Arteaga’s collection displayed lots of femininity and sexuality, it was with a strong, powerful edge. Several of his looks that incorporated classic menswear pants were a prime example. He had the models wearing killer black pumps with the menswear style pants, which were seen in ivory, maroon, black and yellow-gold colors. He then paired the pants with either lace detailed or colorful, feminine tops.

The menswear compilations were some of Arteaga’s favorite looks.

“I tried to incorporate the men’s pants with a very sexy top. It brings the woman to another level. Very elegant, very strong, but at the same time still womanly because the top is very feminine,” Arteaga said.

Including several sexy dresses of either lace, sheer or golden fabrics and one velvet, maroon dress, Arteaga definitely nailed the classic ‘70s glam look. There were also several beautiful fall coats, with one off-white pea coat that looked both chic and classy.

Arteaga’s latest collection was thus a definite hit, leaving many people excited to see what fun inspirations he’ll draw upon for future collections.

Helen Owolabi is a staff writer. Email her at [email protected].