Haspel Spring/Summer 2015

Carly Berns, Contributing Writer

In their New York Fashion Week debut, Haspel’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection looked to reinvent and invigorate the Southern Gentleman. Full of soft pastels and optic whites, the company that invented the seersucker suit in 1909 reminded spectators that southern charm still exists.

The presentation, held at the chic member’s-only TriBeCa club Parlor, held a country club elegance in the middle of lower Manhattan, perfect for Haspel’s country club cool collection.

The dimly lit room was brightened by the airy color palette as the slick-haired models stood tall in basic white sneakers.

The collection presented traditional, clean lines with a modern twist. In one look, classic cotton shorts and a slim-fit T-shirt were tucked beneath a bomber jacket. The look was topped with a baseball cap and dark-lensed, clear-framed sunglasses.

Another look paired classic seersucker shorts and a resin cotton shirt with an on-trend leather tote by Mulholland x Haspel. It was clear that Haspel did not try to recreate the look they originated 100 years ago, but instead revamp it with a modern flare that begs the attention of the public.

A live band played smooth jazz music as friends admired the collection over cocktails, creating an atmosphere filled with the lightness and joy that summer brings year after year. Haspel’s collection embodied this idea with pieces that linked the summers of 1909 and 2015 in true southern style.

Email Carly Berns at [email protected].