HARBISON Spring/Summer 2015

David Bologna, Beauty and Style Editor

Meet Charles Elliott Harbison, founder and creative director of rapidly rising label HARBISON. After launching the line in 2013, it is safe to say that Harbison is going places, and he certainly deserves every moment of his fame. Premiering at Milk Studios alongside other esteemed designers such as Jonathan Simkhai and Koonhor, HARBISON’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection encapsulated the meticulously polished modernity that one strives for in a complete outfit.

Perfectly color-blocked palettes complemented each other, working in harmony to create sharp looks that demanded rather than begged for attention. In one memorable outfit, a sky blue wool-crepe sleeveless trench coat sat comfortably over a matching pair of double-faced cotton trousers and a white silk chiffon men’s shirt.

Another standout look was a simple mosaic wool coat finished in a tame shade of navy. A front panel blocked in sky blue added shapely form while a wool shoulder drape in red fastened with the double-breasted buttons for dimensional volume.

Other notable pieces included a navy and black stretch bodysuit paired with a belted robe coat, along with two looks that included jewel-encrusted details flanked by three-dimensional floral embellishments. Pinstriped tunics hidden beneath matching pinstriped trench coats redefined spring with the elegance of fall but still seemed just right for the season of new beginnings. A silk twill jumpsuit of gold with a plunging neckline featured a bow-belted waistline and an on-trend flared hemline.

As Harbison continues to mature and the sophistication of his label evolves, it will be riveting to watch the seasonal visions of this modernist up-and-comer take form.

A version of this article appeared in the Thursday, Sept. 11 print edition. Email David Bologna at [email protected].