Lacoste Fall/Winter 2015

Gabriella Bower, Violet Vision Editor

“Rene did it first” was the tribute sentiment to the brand’s founder as well as the prominent motif of the Lacoste Fall/Winter 2015 collection. Lacoste effortlessly intertwined the brands roots with contemporary styles for an overall cool but classic sporty-chic vibe. Modern hip-hop and rap played soundtrack to the show alternating between American and French hits.

The opening looks were inspired by the brand’s founder Rene Lacoste and then transitioned to a more contemporary version of Lacoste classics. Signature Lacoste colors such grass green, red, and blues were juxtaposed with neutrals throughout the collection.

While solid colors dominated many of the sweatsuits, graphic tees and sweatshirts stood out. As did a 70s inspired white and black checkered print found on some sweatshirts, sports bags, and women’s handbags. This collection also did an amazing job with fabrics, contrasting thinner cottons and jersey with double-faced wool.

The body con sweater dresses that came in whites, greys, and navys were made winter appropriate with cape jackets that came in both solid colors and herringbone prints. While it was expected for the brand to succeed in producing one of a kind sportswear that can take a person from the tennis court to dinner with friends, Lacoste outdid itself in the coat department. From thick floor length furry jackets to trench coats in bold colors, otherwise traditional winter staples were made trendy.

Overall the Lacoste Fall/Winter 2015 collection infused modernity with the brand’s classical roots. Whether you play tennis or not, you can be sure that everyone will be picking up a racket for an excuse to wear the clothes in this striking collection.