Reem Acra Fall/Winter 2015

Lorena Tamez, Contributing Writer

2-16-ReemAcra-6
Lorena Tamez

The epigraph on the Reem Acra Fall/Winter 2015 lookbook said, “I found her; / A bohemian gypsy / Was she a dream?”

Those words were translated into the collection through dresses and jackets, skirts and gowns. Tones of bright red, slate grey, green and blush were incorporated throughout. Beading and embroidery–Reem Acra signatures–were highlighted in a multitude of looks. The show was a bohemian dream of crystals, velvet and lace.

What began as an exposition of earthy colors in lace dresses and leather and velvet jackets softly evolved into a runway of embellished with ethereal gowns. The earthy tones of the first pieces led on to deep jewel tones in long sleeved gowns with illusion necklines and backlines.  Appliqués of antique crystals and feathers, as well as delicate bow belts, highlighted the femininity of Acra’s designs.  The collection was reminiscent of a baroque romanticism that came to life with bohemian ease.

Acra brought, once again, a dream of a collection. The loveliness of her designs is strengthened with the impeccable craft and flawless execution of her pieces, offering garments that fuse feminine empowerment and gentleness. Delicate but strong, it certainly is the collection of a bohemian gypsy.

Email Lorena Tamez at [email protected]