Crime Log: 12-18

Christine Park, Staff Writer

The NYU Department of Public Safety received reports of five incidents of larceny, three incidents of illegal substance possession and one incident of criminal mischief in the past week.

Larceny

At 2:05 p.m. on Feb. 12, a student reported that his coat had gone missing after a job fair in Rogers Hall between 11:20 a.m. and 1:40 p.m. The New York Police Department did not file a report.

At 4:10 p.m. on Feb. 12, Public Safety received a report from a staff member stating that three UPS boxes went missing between Feb. 11 at 5:00 p.m. and Feb. 12 at 9:00 a.m. The New York Police Department filed a report.

At 1 p.m. on Feb. 16, Public Safety called the New York City Police Department after someone unaffiliated with NYU attempted to steal books from the NYU Bookstore. The NYPD arrived at the scene and detained the individual, who also received a notice of trespass.

At 4:50 p.m. on Feb. 18, Public Safety received a report from a staff member that two DVD players were missing from two different classrooms in the Silver Center. The DVD players were last seen on Feb. 6 at 9:30 p.m. and were found missing on Feb. 10 at around 9 p.m.

A student reported that he lost his wallet between 8 and 9 p.m. on Feb. 18. He said $200 were missing when he found the wallet at the NYU lost and found on Feb. 19 at 3 p.m.

Illegal Substance

On Feb.15, at 2:05 a.m., Public Safety helped the Residence Life staff at Palladium Residence Hall confiscate a small amount of marijuana.

On Feb. 15, at 4:45 a.m., Public Safety confiscated a small amount of marijuana from a dormitory room at Palladium Residence Hall.

On Feb. 15, at 9:10 p.m., Public Safety confiscated a small amount of marijuana from a dormitory room at Second Street Residence Hall.

All the above illegal substance incidents were closed.

Malicious Mischief

On Feb. 18 at 1:30 p.m., the NYPD was informed about graffiti drawn on the handicap ramp at the Gould Plaza. The NYPD filed a report.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Feb. 23 print edition. Email Christine Park at [email protected].