Crime Log: April 17 to 22

Lexi Faunce, Staff Writer

The Department of Public Safety received reports of 11 incidents of larceny and one incident of burglary between April 17 and 22.

Larceny

At 12:10 p.m. on April 17, a student notified Public Safety that his Razor scooter was stolen from a classroom in Warren Weaver Hall on April 10. A police report was not filed.

At 4:30 p.m. on April 17, Public Safety received a report from a Bobst Library staff member that an NYU-owned keyboard and mouse that were locked in a closed cupboard went missing.

At 8:15 p.m. on April 17, Public Safety received a report from an NYU faculty member who found his bike and lock were missing after having locked it earlier to a bike rack outside Coles Sports Center. A police report was not filed.

At 12:30 a.m. on April 18, Public Safety received a report from an NYU affiliate that her bike had been stolen after having been locked to the bike rack behind the Skirball Center for the Performing Arts on April 17.

At 3:20 p.m. on April 18, a person not affiliated with NYU notified Public Safety that she had chained her bike to the rack at 721 Broadway and Waverly Place but found it missing once she returned to retrieve it later that afternoon.

At 4:20 p.m. on April 19, a student notified Public Safety that her backpack holding a checkbook, iPhone and laptop case was taken from her truck parked in front of 19 University Place.

At 12:40 p.m. on April 20, a student notified Public Safety that he found his bicycle was missing after having locked it to a railing in Schwartz Plaza on April 16.

At 2:55 p.m. on April 20, a student notified Public Safety that his backpack, including a laptop and a notebook, was taken from a table in Warren Weaver Hall. A police report was not filed.

At 9 p.m. on April 20, Public Safety received a report from a student whose bicycle had gone missing after he had locked it in front of Think Coffee on 248 Mercer Street an hour earlier. The student left before the police arrived.

At 2:39 p.m. on April 21, Public Safety received a report that a student’s laptop and backpack were taken from the Courant Institute Library in Warren Weaver Hall. The student filed a police report.

At 11:05 a.m. on April 21, a member of Public Safety reported that a power adapter on Second Avenue that had been in place on April 19 was discovered missing at 10:35 a.m. on April 21.

Burglary

At 2:30 p.m. on April 22, Public Safety received a report from an NYU employee that some of his belongings were stolen from his desk at Shimkin Hall. Although the employee was able to retrieve his things, no suspect has been identified.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 27 print edition. Email Lexi Faunce at [email protected].