The Weekend: November 6-8

Linda Yang, Staff Writer

Well done, midterms have passed and gone so now you can take some time to unwind. We’ve scoped out the wonderful city we call home to find the best things for you to do — all with a student budget in mind.

Tisch Dance Works Showcase

111 Second Ave.

Show some school spirit by coming out to the Tisch Dance School’s Showcase. The Showcase commences on Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. followed by additional shows on both Friday and Saturday night. Make sure to RSVP before heading over to the dance building. Admission is free.

Central Park Moonlight Ride

Southwest corner of 59th Street

Jump out of that Netflix-binge coma and do something active for a nice change. The Central Park Moonlight Ride on Fridays will guarantee a much more exciting night than staying in. Get to Columbus Circle by 10 p.m. for a scenic bike ride through the park. Held the first Friday of each month, maybe this can become your new cardio workout.

Ace Hotel: Zhang Huan exhibition

20 W. 29th St.

If you’re in the mood for something new, head over to the Ace Hotel for a showing of a special exhibition — the Zhang Huan: Evoking Tradition and Outlooks. Brought to the city from upstate, visitors will find thought-provoking video interviews and installation footage. Best of all, admission is free.

American Museum of Natural History: the Butterfly Conservatory

Between Central Park West and 79th Street

Go see thousands of colorful species of butterflies flying around at the American Museum of Natural History in the Vivarium compound. In addition, you can take inspiration from “Catcher in the Rye” and check out some of Holden Caulfield’s favorite exhibitions.

Bushwick Flea

52 Wyckoff Ave.
If sifting through vintage trinkets and clothing interests you, head over to the flea market in Bushwick. A trip to the northern part of Brooklyn will provide the opportunity to check out the famed street art in the neighborhood.

Email Linda Yang at [email protected].