Where to celebrate Wine and Cider weeks in NYC

Jake Quan

Enjoy a cheap glass of wine at the many bars participating in the 2015 NYC Wine Week.

Monica Hanna, Contributing Writer

If you’re a fan of wine, hard cider or both, get ready to enjoy the next few weeks. This month the city celebrates both Cider Week and Wine Week and there are plenty of great events to check out, providing you’re over 21 of course.

Cider Week runs from Nov. 6 to the 15 at various locations around the city. For the uninitiated, hard cider is fermented apple juice, just like wine is fermented grape juice. The sugar in the juice gives cider bubbles, so it’s also a great drink for beer lovers looking for a different kind of foamy brew.

You can find a complete list of participating locations on the Cider Week website (ciderweeknyc.com). You don’t need to buy tickets ahead of time, just visit one of the locations to find cider. There are also special events happening throughout the week — here are some of our favorites:

Murray’s Cheese Bar ( 264 Bleecker St.)     264 Bleecker Street    From noon to 3 p.m. all week, you can enjoy Cider Week at this West Village institution. A special lunch offer features three cheese and cider flight, choice of entree and a cider themed dessert for $35.

DBGB (299 Bowery)

If that’s not enough cider for you, cross over to the Bowery for dinner at Chef Daniel Boulud’s casual restaurant DBGB Kitchen and Bar. Order ‘The Gobbler,’ a turkey burger topped with brussels sprouts slaw and cranberry compote, complete with fries and a cider for $25.

Whole Foods Houston  (95 E. Houston St.)

On Tuesday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., you can do your grocery shopping while enjoying ciders produced locally in the the Hudson Valley.

As for Wine Week, it’s put on by CBS and runs from Nov. 9 to the 13. You can buy a ticket online for $30, or four for the price of three. A ticket gets you a wristband, which you’ll need to pick up at one of two locations (Ayza in the West Village or Flute in Midtown), and it will grant you access to all participating locations throughout the week.$4 featured wines and appetizers will be served. Order tickets here (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nyc-wine-week-presented-by-cbs-new-york-tickets-18633083053) and check out their participating locations. Here are some of our favorite picks:

The Immigrant (341 E 9th St.)

A wine bar in the East Village, this place is the closest participating location to most NYU students.It’s cozy, laid-back and will be serving Sauvignon Blanc and Sangiovese wines.

Dream Baby (164 Avenue B)

A romantic spot on Avenue B, Dream Baby is open daily until 4 a.m.. The casual lounge atmosphere accompanied by great music makes it a perfect hangout spot.

Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar (1 7th Ave. S)

A wine and chocolate bar — need we say more? Ayza, which is located in the West Village, will also be participating in $4 glasses of red and white wines all week long.

Miusa Wine Bar (98A S. 4th St. Brooklyn)

Miusa Wine Bar, located in Williamsburg, will be serving a sauvignon blanc and a NXNW red blend. The most exciting part, however, is that their mac and cheese with applewood bacon is also part of the offer.

Email Monica Hanna at [email protected]