Dennis Basso Fall/Winter 2016

Brian Yu, Contributing Writer

Dennis Basso’s signature mashup of luxurious furs and elegant evening graced the runway at his Fall/Winter 2016 show. The dark atmosphere engulfed the audience as piercing music, from Sia’s “Unstoppable” to the booming bass of electronic music, harmonized seamlessly with the dark, metallic palate of his original designs. The collection presented a wide variety of evening wear – from strapless dresses and structured ball gowns to intricate, mermaid patterns and long-sleeves. The beading and Victorian-era details sewed onto the designs presented a rugged yet sophisticated beauty.
However, Basso’s integration of furs is what continues to elevate his collections. He ingeniously intertwines lynx and fox furs with leather-lace and velvet patterns forming extravagant coats to embellish the human figure. His ability to mold this fluid textile into beautiful coats, shawls, vests, and cloaks is a talent in and of itself. The lush furs present an opulent flare as he layers them upon his designs tieing in the elegance and grace that defines evening gowns.
Basso’s collection continues to attract the debutantes of Old Hollywood glamour boasting lavish gowns and exotic furs as socialites like Lisa Rinna sit front-row hoping to spot the next outfit for their upcoming red carpet appearance.
Email Brian Yu at [email protected].