Washington Square Village

Nina Jang, Deputy Digital Director

Residency: Graduate
Estimated yearly cost: $15,884 – $27,160
Low-cost rooms available: No
Commute to class: 5 minutes
Nearby subways: A, C, E, F, M, N, R, 6
Shuttle: No

Located just behind Bobst Library and five minutes away from Washington Square Park, Washington Square Village is ideal for graduate students looking to avoid the hassle of commuting. Not only is the residence hall situated in a prime location, but convenient subway access for A, C, E, F, M, N, R and 6 trains makes WSV a popular choice among graduate students.

As one of the residence halls known as the “Grad Halls” and the largest of NYU’s rental properties, WSV consists of four separate buildings made up of spacious shared studio apartments. Each fully furnished apartment features not only a kitchen and a full bathroom, but also a balcony with a view of the garden courtyard below with large windows for natural light and fresh air. Despite the shared studio arrangement, the apartments are roomy enough to comfortably accommodate two students.

WSV makes sure to integrate graduate students with the NYU community by hosting group outings and posting events at the Resource Center. Next to the Resource Center, on the ground floor in Building #2 is a study lounge equipped with computers and study spaces as well as a communal kitchen. Laundry facilities can be conveniently found in the basement of each building.

WSV’s location along a smaller street ensures that noise is remains at a minimal level. Even better, the plethora of nearby stores and restaurants makes it easier to enjoy the city. Easy access to popular neighborhoods such as SoHo and East Village makes WSV not only an appealing but also practical housing pick.

Read the rest of the housing issue here.