Crime Log: Feb. 20-24

By Greta Chevance, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received four reports of controlled substance, two reports of criminal mischief and one report of larceny between Feb. 20 and Feb. 24.

Controlled Substance

On Feb. 20 at 1:30 a.m., marijuana was found at Carlyle Court residence hall after Public Safety responded to a report of controlled substance.

On Feb. 21 at 12:10 a.m. in The Green House (7th St. Residence Hall), Public Safety received a report of controlled substance and recovered a small amount of marijuana.

On Feb. 21 at 11:05 a.m., Public Safety found a small amount of marijuana at the Greenwich Hotel residence hall after an alleged controlled substance
report was filed.

On Feb. 24 at 1:05 a.m. at Carlyle Court, a small amount of marijuana was found after Public Safety received a report of controlled substance.

Criminal Mischief

On Feb. 23 at 10:25 a.m., graffiti was found on an exterior wall at Warren Weaver Hall and was reported by a public safety officer.

On Feb. 24 at 8:40 a.m., a public safety officer reported finding graffiti on an exterior wall at Tisch Hall.

Larceny

On Feb. 21 at 3:22 p.m., a student reported that she left her bag with her keys, wallet and phone in an unlocked closet at the Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life at 3 p.m. It was no longer there at 3:15 p.m.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Feb. 29 print edition.  Email Greta Chevance at [email protected]