Crime Log: March 25-April 4

Diamond Naga Siu, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received two reports of burglary, three reports of controlled substances, one report of harassment and five reports of larceny between March 25 and April 3.

Burglary

On March 27 at 4 p.m. a student filed a police report after $300 and two Metrocards disappeared from her wallet after she left it in the common area of her Third Avenue North Residence Hall suite at 10 p.m. on March 26. They were missing when she returned the next day.

Police notification was declined after three students went to sleep at 11 p.m. in Third Avenue North Residence Hall and realized that an iPad and two wallets were missing when they woke up. One wallet had $200, credit cards and identification, while the other held $180 to $200. The iPad helped track the student thief, who admitted fault to the theft.

Controlled Substance

On March 25 at 10:40 p.m., Public Safety recovered a small amount of marijuana from 12th Street
Residence Hall.

Public Safety found a small amount of marijuana in Third Avenue North Residence Hall on March 26 at
1:40 a.m.

At 4:45 p.m. on March 26, Public Safety found a small amount of marijuana in Third Avenue North Residence Hall.

Harassment

A staff member at 32 Avenue of the Americas reported at 10:30 a.m. on March 25 that an unknown caller left multiple harassing messages to
her office.

Larceny

A student declined to notify the police on March 25 at 5 p.m. about the disappearance of her Bose headphones from her jacket pocket. She placed her jacket with the headphones at a designated area in the Silver Center lab at 2:15 p.m., but it was gone when she retrieved it at 3:20 p.m.

On March 28 at 8:58 p.m., two unknown males put two bottles of juice, two energy bars and one bottle of detergent into their backpacks without paying for them. They ran from Weinstein Cafeteria into 19 University Place when an NYU staff member tried interrogating them about the items in their bags. Police notification was declined.

An employee declined to notify the police on March 30 at 10:05 a.m. about the disappearance of construction material from the Kriser Dental Center. He realized they were missing on March 23 at 6:30 a.m.

A staff member called the NYPD at 12:35 p.m. on March 30 about the disappearance of his iPhone, debit card and identification card from his desk at 726 Broadway. He left them at 5:35 p.m., but they were missing when he returned at 6 p.m.

At 404 Lafayette Street, a student declined to notify the police on March 31 at 7:10 p.m. about his missing headphones. He left them by a water fountain at 2:15 p.m. to go workout, but they were gone by his 3 p.m. return.

A version of this article appeared in the April 4 print edition. Email Diamond Naga Siu at [email protected].