Crime Log: April 4-7

The NYU Department of Public Safety received three reports of larceny, two reports of burglary, one report of disorderly conduct, one report of arson and one report of trespass between April 4 and April 7.

Larceny

On April 4 at 2:15 p.m., a Tandon employee reported that he left his laptop on April 1 in his shared office suite at 2 Metrotech but that it was missing from his desk on April 4. An NYPD report was filed.

On April 6 at 1:10 p.m., a student reported that $80 was missing from her bag in Bobst Library after she left it in a study area at 12:40 p.m. and returned at 12:45 p.m. NYPD notification was declined.

On April 6 at 6:30 p.m., an employee reported that her laptop was missing from Kriser Dental Center when she left it at 4:30 p.m. and returned at 6:00 p.m. NYPD notification was declined.

Burglary

On April 6 at 4:20 p.m., a student reported that his Playstation 4 console, controller, Battlefront game and HDMI Cable were missing from his dorm room at 2nd Street Residence Hall. A police report was filed.

On April 6 at 5:10 p.m., a student reported that his laptop was missing from his dorm room at 2nd Street Residence Hall after he left his room unlocked but closed at 3:15 p.m. and returned at 5:05 p.m. The student’s roommate’s phone charger and laptop were missing as well. Police were notified.

Disorderly Conduct

On April 5 at 3:21 p.m., an employee at Kriser Dental Center reported that a patient verbally abused the staff member after receiving an outstanding bill. Public Safety accompanied the patient out of the building after completing treatment.

Arson

On April 7 at 10:35 p.m., a Resident Assistant at 2nd Street Residence Hall reported vandalism on a flier on the bulletin board on the 5th floor. A police report was filed.

Trespass

An unknown male entered 6 Washington Square North and used a single occupancy bathroom on the fourth floor at 12:25 p.m. on April 6. He gained access to the building by following a person with card access into the building. A staff member reported this to the NYPD, and the male was arrested.

A version of this story appeared in the Monday, April 11 print issue. Email Diamond Naga and Greta Chevance at [email protected]