Crime Log: April 9-12

Greta Chevance and Diamond Naga Siu

The NYU Department of Public Safety received two reports of larceny, one report of burglary, one report of forcible touching and one report of controlled substance between April 9 to 12.

Larceny

On April 9 at 7:50 p.m., a student reported his “Introduction to Java” textbook was missing from his desk on the fourth floor of Bobst Library after he left it there at 6:30 p.m. and returned at 7:30 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On April 11 at 9:30 p.m., a student declined notifying the police after $80 were missing from a box in her Weinstein room. She last saw it on April 9.

Burglary

On April 12 at 3:30 p.m., a staff member declined notifying the police after she realized her laptop charger was missing from a cabinet in her Krisner Dental Center office.  She left it there on Feb. 1.

Forcible Fondling

On April 11 at 1 p.m., a student declined an offer to notify the police after she reported being sexually assaulted by another student in her Brittany dorm.

Controlled Substance

On April 11 at 2:15 a.m., marijuana was found in Third Avenue North Residence Hall after Public Safety received a report of controlled substance.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 18 print edition. Email Greta Chevance and Diamond Naga Siu at [email protected].