NYU Students Stand in Solidarity With Syrian Refugees

Polina Buchak

By Hannah Shulman, Multimedia Editor

Volunteers placed posters around Washington Square Park to attract attention to their cause.

Hannah Shulman

The NYU Syrian Refugee Awareness Week organizing committee organized a rally in solidarity with Syrian Refugees in Washington Square Park on April 15.

Hannah Shulman

Organizers of the event chalk to attract the attention of people in Washington Square Park.

Hannah Shulman

By the end of the event, many people gathered around to discuss the current refugee crisis and their thoughts on how to take action.

Hannah Shulman

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 18 print edition. Email Hannah Shulman at [email protected]

Hannah Shulman, Editor-at-Large
Hannah is a senior majoring in Metropolitan Studies. She don’t write too good so she takes pictures of anything and everything. When not explaining to you why Houston is the greatest city in the world, you can catch her showing you pictures of her dog, Coco. You can find her on Instagram @nef.jpeg. Also, Houston...
Polina Buchak, Senior Multimedia Editor
Polina Buchak is the Senior Multimedia Editor at the Washington Square News. She is in Tandon and Tisch, following her passion in Filmmaking and Integrated Design Media. Born in Ukraine, raised in Nigeria, and educated in United Kingdom, she will never be able to answer exactly where she is from. If you are looking for...