Crime Log: April 13-21

By Greta Chevance and Diamond Naga Siu

The NYU Department of Public Safety received six reports of larceny, two reports of controlled substance, one report of driving while intoxicated and one report of criminal mischief between April 14 to 21.

Larceny

On April 14 at 9:10 p.m., a student reported that she left her laptop in her bag on the counter at Sidestein while shopping and when she returned at 8:27 p.m., the laptop was missing. A police report was filed.

On April 15 at 8:41 p.m., a student reported that he left his pants containing his wallet in Founders Residence Hall at 7:00 p.m., and when he returned at 7:30 p.m., found that his wallet was no longer there. Police notification was declined.

On April 17 at 12:40 p.m., a student reported that she was missing $200 from her desk in Founders Residence Hall. Police notification
was declined.

On April 19 at 12:25 p.m., a non-NYU voter at Palladium reported that she left her wallet in a private voting booth at 12:05 p.m. and that it was no longer there when she returned at 12:25 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On April 19 at 3:13 p.m., an NYU employee reported that he locked his bike at 7:30 a.m. and found it missing from the bike rack outside of Furman Hall when he returned at 3:10 p.m. Police notification
was declined.

On April 21 at 7:25 p.m., a student declined notifying the police after his Beats headphones and wallet went missing after leaving them with his cellphone on the Rogers Hall men’s restroom counter to go to his locker. His wallet contained identification cards, credit cards and
three dollars.

Controlled Substance

NYPD arrested a student resident in Third Avenue North Residence Hall on April 15 at 10:40 a.m. after recovering an amount of marijuana indicative of a sale. A Public Safety Officer had responded to a report of controlled substance deliveries addressed to the student.

A Public Safety Officer in Othmer Residence Hall recovered a small amount of marijuana on April 21 at 4:45 p.m.

Driving While Intoxicated

On April 17 at 6:30 a.m., a Public Safety Officer reported to the NYPD that a male driver hit four parked cars between Waverly and Washington Place on Mercer Street.  The police administered a breathalyzer test and arrested the non-NYU affiliated male driver.

Criminal Mischief

On April 15 at 10 a.m., a staff member in observed a hole in the Rubin Residence Hall Sheetrock near elevator two on the second floor.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 25 print edition. Email Greta Chevance and Diamond Naga Siu at [email protected]

Diamond Naga Siu, News Editor
Diamond Naga Siu is the News Editor for the Washington Square News and is a sophomore studying Journalism and Educational Human Rights in Gallatin. When she isn’t telling bad puns or eating everything in sight, you can find her volunteering with children, meandering the streets or talking too much. Diamond Naga jumped coasts from Los...