Crime Log: April 22-29

The NYU Department of Public Safety received eight reports of larceny, one report of forcible sexual assault, one report of harassment, one report of dating violence and one report of robbery between April 22 and April 29.

Larceny

On April 25 at 5 p.m., a student declined to notify the police that four tablets were missing from her bottle of prescription medicine.  She stored it on her desk in Rubin Residence Hall.

On April 25 at 6:05 p.m., a faculty member declined notifying the police that her bike and cable lock secured at the Waverly Place bike rack were missing at 6 p.m., after she secured them at 10:20 a.m.

On April 25 at 11:30 p.m., a student filed a police report that his bike’s rear tire and bike frame were missing after securing the bike with a Kryptonite lock at the Waverly Place bike rack at 7 p.m..

On April 25 at 10:30 p.m., a student reported that $200 was missing from her bag that she left in the prayer room on the fourth floor of Kimmel Center at 8 p.m.. She returned at 10:30 p.m. Police notification was declined.

On April 26 at 4 p.m., a student reported that his laptop was missing from Rosenthal Pavillion after leaving it unattended on April 25 at 10:30 p.m. and returning at 11:30 p.m. Student declined filing a police report.

On April 27 at 11:20 a.m., an employee reported that her NYU-issued laptop was missing from a classroom at 726 Broadway after leaving it there at 11 a.m. and returning at 11:05 a.m. A police report was filed.

On April 27 at 4:10 p.m., a student reported that her iPhone was stolen from a counter at the NYU bookstore after leaving it unattended. The bookstore has footage of a man taking the phone from the store. A police report was filed.

On April 29 at 1:15 a.m., a student reported that her locked bike was missing from outside of Shimkin Hall at Schwartz Plaza after locking it on April 28 at 11 a.m. and returning on April 29 at 1:15 a.m. Student declined notifying the police.

Forcible Sexual Assault

On April 26 at 6:59 p.m., an NYU student’s father reported that his daughter was sexually assaulted in Brittany Hall on April 23 at night. The father reported that his daughter declined notifying the police at the time of the incident.

Harassment

A staff member notified the NYPD on April 25 at 2 p.m. about an unknown male who pushed him in the chest with both hands while he walked on Washington Square South near Bobst library.

Dating Violence

A staff member declined notifying the NYPD that on April 25 at 4:04 p.m., two NYU students who were involved in a romantic relationship engaged in a verbal dispute that turned physical in Third Avenue North Residence Hall.

Robbery

On April 22 at 9:24 a.m., a faculty member reported to the NYPD that at approximately 9:10 a.m., a pistol fell out of a male’s pocket while he engaged in a verbal dispute in Washington Square Park. The NYPD arrested the male and recovered an air gun.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, May 2 print edition. Email Greta Chevance and Diamond Naga Siu at [email protected].