Mystery Concert Lineup Revealed, Features Three Up-and-Coming Artists

D.R.A.M. performed at this year's South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas.

Alex Bazeley

Alex Bazeley

By Zach Martin, Editor-at-Large

The mystery is no more — Program Board has revealed that Kamiayah, D.R.A.M. and Kelela are the artists lined up for this year’s Mystery Concert. The annual event is moving out of Skirball this year, and instead the concert will take place at Le Poisson Rouge on Sept. 7 at 7 p.m.

Kamiayah is a quickly rising rapper from Oakland, California. She received considerable acclaim surrounding the release of her debut mixtape “A Good Night in the Ghetto” this past March.

D.R.A.M. burst on to the scene last year with his song “Cha Cha” and has had a very active 2016, appearing on Chance the Rapper’s album “Coloring Book” and recently releasing the track “Broccoli (feat. Lil Yachty)” which has quickly ascended the Billboard charts. WSN saw D.R.A.M. at SXSW earlier this year.

Kelela is an R&B artist from Washington D.C. She released her first studio album “Cut 4 Me” in 2013 and an EP last year entitled “Hallucinogen.”

The Mystery Concert will be held on Sept. 7 at Le Poisson Rouge. The show is only for NYU students and is free with an NYU ID.

Email Zach Martin at [email protected]

Zach Martin, Editor-at-Large
Zach Martin, former Arts Editor, is an Editor-at-Large for the Washington Square News. He is a junior in CAS studying Comparative Literature with minors in Metropolitan Studies and Cinema Studies. He enjoys watching movies and then thinking about them too much, eating ice cream, and complaining about the continual failure of various D.C. sports teams. When...