Crime Log: Sept. 1-11

By Lexi Faunce, Investigative News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received one report of simple assault, one report of harassment, one report of larceny and one report of controlled substance between Sept. 1 and Sept. 11.

Simple Assault

On Sept. 1 at 1:45 a.m., a contract guard reported that he was slapped by an intoxicated student while attempting to provide assistance.

Harassment

On Sept. 1 at 8:45 a.m., an NYU staff member reported than an unidentified employee of an NYU contractor threw a beverage at him while in Lafayette Hall and threatened his life.

Larceny

On Sept. 4 at 1:00 p.m., a student reported that he left his wallet in the Third North cafeteria on Sept. 3 and discovered it missing when he returned the following day.

Controlled Substance

On Sept. 5 at 12:57 p.m., an RA reported the smell of marijuana coming from a room in the Alumni Hall residence hall. Marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia were recovered.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Sept. 12 print edition. Email Lexi Faunce at [email protected]

Lexi Faunce, Investigative Editor
Lexi Faunce is a junior studying journalism and politics, and she will be joining WSN this semester as the Investigative News Editor. She hails from the glamorous town of Gainesville, Florida (also known as Tim Tebow Land). When everyone else is out trying to score Hamilton tickets, you can catch her watching the Gators demolish the...