Google Puts Fashion at Your Fingertips

Pamela Jew, Contributing Writer

For this year’s New York Fashion Week, Google partnered with LikeToKnow.It, “the Instagram shopping tool that allows top bloggers and fashionistas to share shoppable posts with their followers.”

Here’s how it works: you link your Instagram account and authorize LiketoKnow.It. Then search “little black dress” on Google and a sequence of images of women wearing black dresses will appear based on related media in the LiketoKnow.It database.

Click any of the items, and you are transported to a shopping safe haven and platform where you can purchase those paycheck-draining outfits on Instagram, where Google acts as the middleman between you and the retailer.

In terms of Fashion Week styles, entire designers’ collections will appear within the sequences of styles on Google, but LiketoKnow.It makes the entire look shoppable. The specific Fashion Week looks and designers can be found by searching “Fashion Week” or “Fashion Week + Designer.”

Google has made the consumer’s wants easily accessible. In order to bring these looks to the screen, NYFW bloggers have to constantly keep up their feed with runway content, which sometimes means posting up to five looks a day.

Now everyday people can wear the sought-after looks gracing the runway for this upcoming spring/summer. You can get that Lanvin moto jacket or your favorite athleisure look from the Alexander Wang collab  with Adidas.

LiketoKnow.It partnered with Google increases high-end online commerce and welcomes customers to buy without the critical looks of the ritzy department store employees. For individual style, people can buy and embrace wearing the more eccentric looks from the runway.

With this outlet, Google brings the consumer more options, ushering in more fashion individuality and more capital for big name designers. So pick up your laptop, look through Fashion Week lookbook and buy your favorite dress for your next big event.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday Sept. 19 print edition. Email Pamela Jew at [email protected].