Best Boots to Beat the Rain

Viola Mai

Brina Jeffries, Contributing Writer

Whether you’re into the knee-high look or block heeled booties, once the storms come rolling in you’ll be on the search for campus-friendly footwear that can stand up to Mother Nature’s worst storms. Here is a roundup of chic weatherproof boots that all promise to upgrade your shoe game and prepare you for whatever the weather has to throw at us.

The first bootie is from Cole Haan which is known for its classic women’s and men’s clothing and accessories. The Newburg Waterproof Bootie (40mm) is great for fall and is priced at $270. The shoe is well known for fitting true to size and is perfect to wear with dark skinny jeans and an oversized sweater. The Newburg Bootie comes in chestnut and black and ranges in sizes 5-11. While the price may be steep, it’s a worthwhile investment as you are guaranteed that salt stains and rainfall will not tarnish the rich color.

This Sam Edelman boot is absolutely an essential to your wardrobe. The boot belongs to the Sam Edelman brand that is well known for its metallic shoes and designer accessories. The Reesa Chelsea Boot is an ankle boot that comes in a variety of colors. The boot is priced at $160 and carries sizes 5-10. The best part about these boots are the variety of colors and patterns, however the best choice for a waterproof and bold look is the Black White Snake pattern. These boots are edgy and would be perfect when paired with a moss green mini skirt and a black leather jacket.                                                    

If you define yourself as having a more retro aesthetic, the Jeffrey Campbell Aldrich boots should be the next buy for your fall wardrobe. These stylish white knee high boots are synthetic with a leather lining. The heel is great for walking because it is not too high but still creates a daring look. The boot is $180 and comes in sizes 6-10.

For a more classic high boot, look no further than the Zara Over-The-Knee Flat Leather Boots.  Zara is known for its street style clothing and this boot embodies that same sleek appeal. The Over-The-Knee comes in sizes 5-10 and is priced at $179. One of the nicest aspects of this boot is the gorgeous leather mustard color that it comes in. Pair these with a streamlined lace dress and a long jacket for a sensual graceful look.

Email Brina Jeffries at [email protected].