Top Spots to Pull Your All-Nighter

Veselka is a Ukranian restaurant in the East Village that is open 24/7. They serve American breakfasts, like pancakes and waffles, as well as Ukranian classics.

Tatiana Perez

Tatiana Perez

By Ankita Bhanot, Deputy Features Editor

All-nighters: they happen to the best of us. Sometimes, you just have to stay up until 4 a.m. to finish your midterm paper or that group project that somehow fell on you to complete. But staying confined to the walls of your dorm room can get boring, and you can get quickly distracted. Need to get work done, but aren’t too keen on seeing the sunrise at Bobst? Here are some coffee shops around campus that are open late and provide a comfortable work environment.

Washington Square Diner Open 24 hours

150 W. 4th St.

Located right around the corner from Washington Park, this spacious, old-timey cafe is open at all hours. The booths are roomy enough for you to spread out your books, notebooks and laptop. The service is speedy, so you won’t be waiting impatiently for your coffee and muffin. You can even go the whole nine yards and order pancakes at two in the morning. What could be better?

Veselka Open 24 hours

144 2nd Ave.

Veselka’s seemingly endless menu will serve you anything from European pierogis to rice krispy treats, so there will always be something to satisfy your midnight cravings. Just a few blocks away from Washington Square Park, this cute restaurant is close enough to walk to, but far enough that you won’t have to worry about being surrounded by students.

Gramercy Cafe Open 24 hours

184 3rd Ave.

If you want some reliable comfort food to offset the stress of your midterm projects and papers, head to Gramercy Cafe. There are always plenty of places to sit, and the atmosphere is usually quiet, so you likely won’t have to worry about loud music or conversation. You can count on getting a good cup of joe, but the cafe also serves classic favorites like fries and milkshakes.

Starbucks Open until 1 a.m.

25 Astor Place

Starbucks isn’t known for stellar coffee and you may not love the corporate chain, but this location is convenient and reliable. Just a short walk from campus, the shop is roomy and has a lot of space for you to get some of your late-night work done. The Wi-Fi is free and fast, the music isn’t too loud and no one’s going to judge you if you order that pumpkin spice latte.

Email Ankita Bhanot at [email protected]

Ankita Bhanot, Deputy Features Editor
Ankita Bhanot is a Sophomore in NYU CAS studying Journalism and is stoked to be the Deputy Features Editor this fall. She was born and brought up in the San Francisco Bay Area. Unfortunately, she abides by the Californian stereotype and can often be heard saying “hella.” When she’s not writing features for WSN, Ankita...