Looking for Delivery? Call Here

Staff Photo by Anna Letson

Ordering takeout and receiving one’s food by messenger is a common New York dining practice. With the COVID-19 crisis, new measures are being put in place to protect both messengers and customers. (Photo by Anna Letson)

Shirley Cahyadi, Staff Writer

There’s nothing quite as comforting as having food delivered to your doorstep, or at least to the lobby of your residence hall. Food delivery is one of the greatest services available for sale, and in the city that never sleeps, there’s always some place that’s open and available to serve you food. 

However, that’s not to say delivery doesn’t come with its shortfalls. Sometimes the food doesn’t taste quite as good as it should, there’s an expensive minimum delivery charge or it just takes forever to arrive.

If scouring Seamless hasn’t given you any leads, check out our roundup of tasty restaurants that deliver consistently scrumptious eats in a timely manner.

Han Dynasty ($$)

Chinese Sichuan Food

Han Dynasty is very quick, but if you live in Alumni, Third North or Founders, consider ordering for pick-up and making the two block trek to get your food within 20 to 30 minutes of ordering. Steinhardt freshman Chandra Kelley, who lives in Third North, swears by their lo mein. 

99 Miles to Philly ($$) 

Philly Cheesesteaks and Sandwiches

With 869 ratings and 4.5 stars on Grubhub, it’s pretty safe to say that this is a solid choice. Upside: Philly Cheesesteaks are amazing. Downside: minimum $10 order fee.

Joe’s Pizza ($$) 

Not all of us have the luxury of living 10 steps away from Joe’s Pizza in Palladium, but there is always delivery! The only drawback to ordering delivery from Joe’s is that you can’t order by the slice — you have to order a whole pie. This is a great option at any time of the day if you’re looking to share a pie with friends.

Beyond Sushi($) 

Vegan Sushi

Maybe, instead of pigging out, you decide you want to treat your body like a temple and order from this vegan sushi restaurant. Located near Union Square, Beyond Sushi puts a fresh twist on traditional Japanese dishes such as dumplings and noodle soups by incorporating fresh fruits and vegetables. Their food is certainly good for your body, but its $15 delivery minimum isn’t as kind to your wallet.

Otto’s Tacos ($)

Taqueria

With a simple menu, Otto’s tacos are all less than $10 and their churros are the perfect way to top them off.

Cafe Habana ($$) 

Cuban

Not everyone wants to wait for 40 minutes for a table at this Nolita eatery. Be thankful that delivery is available, since few things in life are more beautiful than a good Cuban sandwich.  

Hawkers ($)

South East Asian, Chinese, Japanese 

Hawkers appears to be in a league of its own with over a thousand ratings and a full five stars on GrubHub. It caters to Southeast Asian, Japanese and Chinese cuisines. One might say it can’t seem to decide which cuisine it wants to serve, but since it’s open until 12:15 a.m., it’s a late-night food delivery refuge. 

Insomnia Cookies ($)

While Insomnia is a delivery service that needs no introduction, this list of delivery places around NYU wouldn’t be complete without it. Hit up Insomnia Cookies when you’re craving an ooey-gooey cookie the size of your palm
at 3 a.m.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Nov. 14 print edition. Email Liv Chai at [email protected].