Crime Log: Dec. 5 to Jan. 19

Jemima McEvoy and Natasha Roy

The NYU Department of Public Safety received 25 reports of larceny, three reports of controlled substance, four reports of harassment, one report of trespass, three reports of rape, one report of forcible fondling, one report of property lost, one report of simple assault, two reports of burglary, two reports of criminal mischief and one report of robbery between Dec. 5 and Jan. 19.

Larceny

On Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. a student at 25 W.  Fourth St. reported that his laptop was missing from a classroom where he left it. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 5 at 8:45 p.m. a student reported that his bicycle, which had been on a bike rack near the Washington Square Mews, was missing. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 7 at 12:30 p.m. a student reported that his backpack, with a laptop computer inside, was missing from a classroom in the Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 7 at 4:35 p.m. a student reported that her bicycle was missing from where it had been locked on a street sign on West Third Street. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 8 at 10 a.m. a student reported that his bicycle, which had been left on a bike rack in front of 25 W. Fourth St., was missing. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 8 at 5:35 p.m. a professor reported that her laptop was missing from her office in Tisch Hall. A police report was filed.

On Dec. 12 at 6:05 p.m. a student reported that her laptop was missing from a bathroom countertop where she left it in 726 Broadway. A police report was filed.

On Dec. 13 at 4:39 p.m. an employee in the Dental Center reported that her coat was missing from a laboratory. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 15 at 8:50 p.m. a student on campus reported that his bicycle was missing from where it had been left, locked on a street sign pole on Mercer Street between West Third and West  Fourth Streets. A police report was filed.

On Dec. 17 at 4:30 p.m. a student reported that his bicycle, which had been on the Tisch Bike Rack, was missing. A police report was filed.

On Dec. 18 at 1:10 a.m. a student reported that his bicycle was missing from where it had been left on the bike rack in Schwartz Plaza. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 20 at 2:15 p.m. a student reported that his Bike Share bicycle, which had been chained to a rack on Eight Street and University Place, had a tire missing. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 21 at 4:42 p.m. a student in Lipton Residence Hall reported that her jacket was missing from where it had been in the basement laundry room. A police report was filed.

On Dec. 21 at 6:05 p.m. a student reported that her coat that had been left in a study area on the fifth floor of Bobst Library was missing. A police report was filed.

On Dec. 22 at 11:25 a.m. a student in Bobst Library reported that her laptop was missing from a sixth floor study area where it had been left. Police identification was declined.

On Jan. 2 at 8 p.m. a student reported that her makeup, camera and gift card were missing from a locker in the gym locker room in Palladium Hall. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 4 at 3 p.m. a resident in Silver Towers reported that a package that was delivered to him was missing. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 9 at 8:35 p.m. a vendor at Skirball Theatre reported that cash and merchandise were missing from a box in the theater lobby. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 12 at 1 p.m. a student reported that a laptop was missing from an office work space on the fifth floor of the Silver Center. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 12 at 6:05 p.m. a patient who had locked her bicycle to a tree while visiting the Dental Center reported that their bicycle was missing. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 15 at 7:05 p.m. a student at Bobst Library reported that her wallet was missing from her purse after studying. A police report was filed.

On Jan. 17 at 12:20 p.m. an employee at 286 Mercer St. reported that his iPad was missing from an office in the basement of the building.

On Jan. 17 at 5 p.m. an employee reported that her NYU ID and cell phone were missing from her locker in Weissman Hall. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 18 at 1:30 p.m. a staff member reported that a bag full of cash was missing from a clinic in the Dental Center.

On Jan. 19 at 3:57 p.m. a student reported that cash and credit cards were missing from her purse in the lower level of the Academic Resource Center. Police notification was declined.

Controlled Substance

On Dec. 9 at 11:10 p.m. a small amount of marijuana was recovered in Goddard Hall when Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance.

On Dec. 11 at 1:10 a.m. Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance in Third North Residence Hall. A small amount of marijuana was recovered.

On Jan. 4 at 5:43 p.m. a small amount of marijuana was recovered from Greenwich Residence Hall when Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance.

Harassment

On Dec. 11 at 3:59 p.m. Public Safety responded to a report of graffiti written on a white board in Brittany Hall. Police notification was declined.

On Dec. 20 at 9:05 p.m. a student reported that she was followed by an unknown male from the street into the dining hall at Lipton Hall.

On Dec. 21 at 9:45 a.m. a staff member in the Dental Center reported that she was being harassed by another staff member. Police notification
was declined.

On Dec. 21 at 2:06 p.m. a student reported that an unknown male in Starbucks on Waverly Place harassed her. Police notification was declined.

Trespass

On Dec. 11 at 7:55 p.m. a report of an unknown male found to be in the entrance to 18-30 E. Eighth St. was responded to by Public Safety. Police were notified.

Rape

On Dec. 17 at 12 p.m a student in Third North Residence Hall reported that another NYU student had sexually assaulted her in a residence in August 2016.

On Dec. 21 at 12 p.m. a student in Third North Residence Hall reported that she was sexually assaulted by a non-NYU male in a residence in November 2016.

On Dec. 22 at 12 p.m. a student in Coral Towers Residence Hall reported that she was sexually assaulted by an unknown male in a residence in November 2016.

Forcible Fondling

On Dec. 17 at 12 p.m. a student in Third North Residence Hall reported that she was forcibly fondled by another NYU student in November 2016 in a residence.

Property Lost

On Dec. 20 at 8:30 p.m. a student reported that his laptop was missing from the student lounge in Rubin Residence Hall. A police report was filed.

Simple Assault

On Dec. 21 at 1 a.m., a staff member reported an assault in Rogers Hall between two employees. Both parties declined police notification.

Burglary

On Dec. 29 at 4:40 p.m. a student reported that her suite in Alumni Residence Hall had been burglarized and a few cosmetic items were missing from the bathroom. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 3 at 6:25 a.m. a student in Palladium Residence Hall reported that a window’s glass had been cracked in his residence hall room and his audio speakers were missing. Police notification was declined.

Criminal Mischief 

On Jan. 1 at 8:30 a.m. a staff member at Third Avenue North Residence Hall reported that the window of a local business on the ground level of the residence hall was broken.

On Jan. 3 at 10:30 a.m. graffiti on the facade of 1-5 Washington Pl. was reported by Public Safety. A police report was filed.

Robbery

On Jan. 10 at 12:50 a.m. a non-NYU male on campus reported that he was robbed by an unknown male on West Third Street between MacDougal and Sullivan Streets with a hammer. A police report was filed.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Jan. 23 print edition.

Email Jemima McEvoy and Natasha Roy at [email protected].