Crime Log: Jan. 30 to Feb. 4

Sayer Devlin and Miranda Levingston

The NYU Department of Public Safety received six reports of larceny, one report of controlled substance, two reports of criminal mischief, one report of harassment and one report of dating violence between Jan. 28 and Feb. 2.

Larceny

On Jan. 30 at 5:15 p.m. a student reported that her violin and violin case were stolen from Tisch Hall. The case remains under investigation.

On Jan. 31 at 12:35 p.m. a student reported that their bicycle was stolen outside of 194 Mercer St. Police notification was declined.

On Jan. 31 at 7:05 p.m. a student reported that her external hard drive was missing from a computer lab in 721 Broadway.

On Feb. 1 at 1:55 p.m. a student reported that his backpack missing from a coat closet in the dental center. A police report was filed.

On Feb. 1 at 5:40 p.m. Public Safety reported that a student was prevented from stealing merchandise from the NYU Bookstore. The case has been closed and the student was referred to Wellness resources.

On Feb. 3 at 3:30 a.m. a student reported that her coat was missing from the seventh floor of Bobst Library. Police notification was declined.

Controlled Substance

On Jan. 30 at 10:30 p.m. Public Safety responded to a report of a controlled substance and recovered a small amount of marijuana at Third North Residence Hall.

Criminal Mischief

On Jan. 31 at 8:20 a.m. Public Safety found graffiti on an outdoor trash can. A police report was filed.

On Feb. 2 at 8:56 p.m. Public Safety received a report of window damage in the Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life due to a thrown projectile. A police report was filed.

Harassment

On Jan. 31 at 4:18 p.m. a professor reported that they received harassing emails from an unknown source. Police notification was declined.

Dating Violence

On Feb. 2 at 4:13 p.m. Public Safety reported an incident of dating violence at Rogers Hall. Police notification was declined.

Email Sayer Devlin and Miranda Levingston at [email protected].